Thursday, July 30, 2009

Matt Rives (aka Ben Chastain)

Here's a classic Greg Jackson story told to me by Matt Rives:

One random Tuesday a few years ago, Mr. Rives received a phone call from an unknown woman.
"Ben?" said the woman after Matt's greeting.
"Ben?  No, I think you have the wrong number."
"Well, this is the number you gave me last Saturday night, Ben."
"My name is Matt Rives and I didn't go out Saturday night. Are you sure you have the right number?"
"Yeah, I'm positive.  You put it in my phone yourself. We met at J-Town North. You said your name was Ben Chastain. We were having a great time dancing and flirting. Don't you remember biting my ear and saying that people call you 'the nibbler?'"
"Ok. Hold up. What do I look like?"
"You were wearing a cowboy hat and you're kind of a bigger guy and you've got a tongue ring. You told me that I'd be amazed at what you could do with your ring."
"Who was I hanging out with? Was there a loud-mouthed red head?"
"Yes! It was just the two of you."
"I'm sorry miss, but you got a joke played on you. Those two are friends of mine. The guy hitting on you's name is Greg. I can give you his number, if you'd like."
"No thanks . . . click" 

(Note from the blogger: since the publication of this anecdote, there has been a claim that the guilty party is, in fact, Matt Theil, NOT Greg Jackson. Either way, it's a funny story.)


No comments:

Post a Comment